The loaning of library materials is possible only with a card or a valid personal ID.
- Visitors must present their student cards, which are not transferrable, and/or valid personal IDs upon each visit to the FCBS Library.
- Library material, which is merely being used by members on the library premises and not being borrowed, cannot be placed back onto bookshelves, but must be placed at the borrowing counter.
- Library users can borrow an unlimited number of library materials, for which they are materially liable.
- The librarian has the right to restrict the number of borrowed materials in the event that the materials are in high demand.
- The loan period is 14 days for library materials and 7 days for journals and non-library materials.
Reference materials; i.e. the materials, which can be accessed by users in the reading room only (lexicons, dictionaries, encyclopaedias, atlases, etc) and final works (diploma and master’s theses, doctoral dissertations) are not available for borrowing.
- If the users need the library materials past the expiration of the loan period they must renew the loan.
- The number of renewals is unlimited.
- Materials that are already reserved cannot be renewed.
- Users can renew loans:
– in person by presenting their student ID or personal ID;
– by phone (03 428 55 58),
– by email (email@example.com),
– with their personal password through the My library service, which they acquire at the library. Borrowed materials that have exceeded the loan period cannot be renewed through the My library service. The loan can only be renewed by visiting the library, by phone or by email.c) Requests and reservations
Available materials can be requested by users. The requested materials will await the user for a maximum of three working days after which it will be available to other users.
Users can reserve materials. When reserved materials are returned to the library they will await the user, who is informed of their availability, for a maximum of three working days.
d) Overdue fine and notices
A fine is paid for overdue loans according to the valid pricelist of the FCBS Library.
- When the unpaid fines reach 25.00 EUR, the user can no longer borrow or reserve library materials until they settle the costs in full.
- Users with overdue loans will be sent overdue notices.
The library issues notices on a monthly basis, with the exception of July and August, when users whose loans are overdue for more than 7 days are notified by phone.
Until users return the borrowed overdue materials and settle the corresponding fines and costs of notices, they cannot borrow other materials.
Users who do not return borrowed materials by the end of the loan period can be denied the loan of additional materials until they settle their corresponding obligations.
e) Lost or destroyed library materials
In the event that users lose or damage library materials they must pay to have them replaced with new materials and settle processing costs according to the applicable FCBS Library pricelist.
- If the library materials cannot be replaced with the same materials, the materials will be replaced with content-equivalent materials in agreement with the librarian.
If it is established that users deliberately damaged the library materials they must pay three times the replacement value of the materials, as well as the costs of processing.
f) Completion of education
Upon completion of education the users must return all the borrowed materials and settle any unpaid debt to the library which was incurred during their education.
- One of the requirements for approval of students’ withdrawal from the FCBS or Abitura is that they have settled all library transactions as required.
In both above-specified cases students acquire a library certificate, which they submit to the competent office. Upon their withdrawal/completion of studies their membership to the FCBS Library is terminated.